Monday, March 19, 2007

METEOROLOGICAL BITCHING

So. I'm sitting here in the back room, playing with my computer, and I look out the window and what do I see? Snow. Snow. Snow falling. SNOW FALLING!!!

Today is March 19th. Two days ago, the temperatures were in the 50s. A week or two ago, we were teased with 70-degree temperatures.

Mother Nature is a back-stabbing bitch. Mother Nature is Lucy and we are all round-headed Charlie Browns, rushing to the local department stores, forking over hard-earned greenbacks to purchase flip-flops and knee-revealing pantaloons. Mother Nature is a magician and we are the table set, still in place after she yanks the cloth out from under our feetsies. I am a knife; sometimes, I am a spoon. I am never a salad fork.

Anyway. Mother Nature can swirl my knob.

I don't usually whine about weather happenings. I am usually one to shrug and bray the old standby*: "It's Michigan. If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes." Today, though, I am impatient with these last clutches of Winter. Go away, snow. Please to come back in November? Thanks.

*Regarding that "Michigan...wait five minutes" three-legged horse of a joke: I work for the gas company, thus I meet a lot of different people in the course of a workday. I have made it a point, when there is an anomalous weather pattern to which the customer refers to say, "Yeah, it's Michigan. You don't like the weather, wait five minutes." I usually get some kind of noncommittal answer or a strained smile, but, to me, the funniest thing about saying that tired line is that the people to whom I am saying it have no idea that I say that to everyone and gauge their responses. Yes, I am weird. Yes, I may be a serial killer in the making, in that I reduce people to test subjects. Naw. Naw?

8 comments:

littlemissy555 said...

I am so ready for spring, it's not even funny! This weather is royally screwed up.

Melissa said...

Not a fan of the saying, myself. The strained smiles don't surprise me! :) <-- real smile

Nanette said...

You lie. One time, at a TEHIA meeting--you were indeed the salad fork. ;)

What did the Captain Crunch ever do to you? Muhahahahahaha!

Weather, the post is about weather.
Now that you have moved on to whiter pastures, were you forced to break out the shovel?

Adamity73 said...

Little Missy: Me too...bring on Spring!

Melissa: yeah. It's a lame joke. But, an oldy but a goody. =o)

Nighthawk: I've been slacking on my TEHIA meetings. I don't even remember that instance! ;-) What did the Captain Crunch ever do to me? Nothing except for wearing that stupid hat. And, yes, the post was about weather. I feel so ashamed! =o(

Nanette said...

Hey...you got a facelift. I thought I made a wrong turn at the corner of 001001 and 10001. ;)

Adamity73 said...

I always have a problem at the corner of 0011010011 and 1110010011100. All the damned streets look the same! Argh!

And, uh, yes, I changed the look a bit. I need to continue to spruce this up. By the way, do you like it?

Nanette said...

I do...it is very manly and not too loud, kwim?

Adamity73 said...

Quim? Kwim? I don't speek cyburreeze, apparently. =-)