Friday, March 16, 2007

BEGIN THE NEW ERA...NOW

So, the move is complete. I am now a resident of Harwood Street. Last night was my first night in the house and I slept like a baby. And woke up feeling like an 80-year-old. This physical labor shit wreaks havoc on the body! But. I'm good. Elated, in fact.

I type this from my computer upon which the cable Internet has been installed and is working like a charm. If I so desire, I can go out into my front room and flip on the cable and watch one of the multitude of channels. Comcast came out right on time this morning and, though they had a bit of a tough time completing the task--some problem with the angle of the drilling--they did, in fact, complete the job and all is working well.

Louie is Outside, barking at leaves and contemplating where to drop a load. He loves the backyard, as I hoped he would, and he's got three neighbors who reside at the house behind this one: a Golden Retriever, a Border Collie, and some short-haired hound that I've not gotten a good luck at, yet.

Life is good. Life is great. The neighborhood is very nice--two parks within walking distance--and, basically, I feel like a million-and-a-half dollars. Please to excuse me whilst I vomit Good Cheer? Thanks. I think I could stay here for a while.

God love seratonin! And dopamine! The body's good-feeling drugs!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I bet it felt great to turn your keys in and drive home. Is Lou still back there chasing leaves? He has to be in heaven. Oh, and you can grill! Not that you couldn't before, but now you can sit out and read while grilling, relaxed in your backyard and not facing a parking lot.

So pleased for you, Adam.

Noelley said...

Congratulations, Adam!!! I'm so happy for you and Louie. :)

Adamity73 said...

Melissa and Ephie: Thanks! =) I still feel great, but a little cold. This is not like my aprtment, where I could walk around in shorts and a T-shirt. But, you know what? Who cares! Smile, smile, smile!

PS--And Lou loves it. He's camped out in front of a heating vent, right now, tail-to-nose. Lovin' it.

Nanette said...

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adamity73 said...

Ye are glossed "Nighthawk" for a reason, Nan.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You are living my dream dear Friend. May you and Louie smile in every room (and corner of the yard) for years to come!

Adamity73 said...

Thanks, Terry! We will certainly try! =)