Monday, December 01, 2008

LOLLY, GAGGING IN LIMBOLAND

My name is not Lolly, but, for titling reasons, it seemed to work. So, for this post only, I shall be known as Lolly. And I am gagging in Limboland.

At this time, I can't go into the reasons I am gagging, nor can I say why I find my ass parked squarely in Limboland. Suffice it to say, though, I am and I am.

Cryptic posts are fun! Whee! No, they're not.

I'll say this: Tomorrow is a very important day for me, and I am desirous of a certain outcome. Whether that will happen or not, I am not the one pulling the strings. I do hope, however, that if you read this, you can send good thoughts my way. And, though I have asked this of you before, my dear E-friends, if you can include me in your prayers, that would be much appreciated, as well.

Life is a journey, not a destination, and, as cliched as that sounds/reads, it is the absolute truth. I have been going back to meetings, lately, and that is the advice I have gleaned: let go and let God. It is out of my hands and in His. I have done all that I could, these last several days, and now is the time to surrender and let the chips fall where they may. That is very difficult for me to do. I always want to control the outcomes of certain things and I am one to obsess and obsess and obsess over said outcomes until my mind is frazzled and my stomach is in knots and my palms are clammy and my head fucking hurts.

Release, Adam. Step back. View the big picture. The most important thing is your sobriety.

Though that last sentence has been repeated to me innumerable times, it just doesn't sink in, sometimes. But, it is absolutely true. Without extended sobriety, I haven't a chance of achieving what I hold to be important in life.

I have a frigging disease that tells me I ain't got it, that I am just fine and dandy. And that sucks.

Regardless, I am in need of some prayer, some good thoughts, some karma.

Peace and love, y'all.

Signed,
Lolly

12 comments:

The Girl said...

My prayers are with you....Life is a journey - good luck with your sobriety and your meetings. Be strong and take it as it comes. Good thoughts are coming your way ☺

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts Adam

Adamity73 said...

Thank you, Anti-Momma's Girl. I am trying to keep my chin up, but sometimes my overloaded head droops. :-O Thank you for the thoughts.

Bunny: Much-appreciated, madam. Thank you. =)`

Jay said...

Packaging up all the good thoughts I can muster and sending them your way dude!

Melissa said...

All the best for tomorrow, Adam.

If the frazzled mind, knotted stomach, clammy palms and aching head are working for you, by all means keep it up. If you think otherwise, just relax, do what you can, and like you said, let the chips fall where they may. That's all any of us can do in life.

Love you xoxox

JenBun said...

Sending you all my good thoughts... and peace and love to you too, of course!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...

Email me if you need to e-chat! :)

*fingers crossed*

Anonymous said...

Peace, brother.

Sherri said...

I'm sending good thoughts to you as well. I just stumbled onto your blog this morning; cool.

Adamity73 said...

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. I feel...okay about this morning. What will be, will be.

I'll fill you in later. Peace.

Adamity73 said...

Things worked out. Happy happy, joy joy! (And that is sincerely meant.)

:-D

JenBun said...

HOORAY!

I'm so glad it turned out well!

Now remember this...

:)

Anonymous said...

Every night, my friend, every night!

Sometimes, it takes us a while to come to terms with our "baggage". Yours is your sobriety issues.. Mine is dealing with health issues that I have no controll over (and some that I do). All I can really offer is to hold your head up high and look it squarely in the face and march on. Hiding and pretending it doesn't exhist won't make it go away at all.

Hugs