Tuesday, December 02, 2008

WOW! HOW BLESSED CAN ONE GUY BE?!

My day just keeps getting better and better! First, I heard the news that I wanted/needed to hear from work and then this!


Good Day,‏
From:
walter smith (waltersmith66@msn.com)
Sent:
Tue 12/02/08 11:41 AM
To:
.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P
{padding:0px;}
.ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

Good Day,

Please accept my sincere apologies if my email does not meet your business
or personal ethics. I will first introduce myself as Mr. Walker Smith, a staff in the Private Clients Section of a well-known bank, here in London, England.

One of our accounts, with holding balance of £52,000,000 ({FIFTY TWO MILLION POUNDS Sterling) has been dormant and last operated three years ago. From my investigations and confirmation, the owner of the said account, a foreigner by name John Shumejda died on the 4th of January 2002 in a plane crash In Birmingham; you can view this CNN websitehttp://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/01/04/england.plane/ for details
On the crash.

Since then, nobody has done anything as regards the claiming of this money, as he has no family member that has any knowledge as to the existence of either the account or the funds; and also Information from the National Immigration also states that he was single on entry into the UK.

This transaction is totally free of risk and troubles as the fund is legitimate and does not originate from drug, money laundry, terrorism or any other illegal act.

On your interest, let me hear from you URGENTLY.

Warm Regards,

Mr. Walker smith

Damn. I feel really badly for John Shumejda, I really do. It blows that he had to die so tragically and horrifically, but, gosh, how often does an opportunity like this come around?! My goodness! 52 million pounds?! My worries would be gone if I accepted the money from Mr. Smith. I could buy my own fucking island! I could drive Hummers and Ferraris and I would buy Meegie a whole bunch of mink stoles and chinchilla overcoats...and I would buy a lifetime supply of Ramen Noodles, too! Hell, screw that. I could buy the whole damned Ramen Noodle company!

I know what you may be thinking: Adam, this is a scam, dude. They just want to respond so that you'll send them pertinent financial information and then they'll fleece you like Little Bo Peep's sheep, dude. Let it go.

I get that. Really, I do. But hear this, Mr. and Mrs. Smartypants: Those scams are only from Nigerian princes and princesses. This is legitimate, mang. Walter Smith doesn't know who he's messing with. For damned sure, he doesn't know. I'll fleece his little four-eyed, bowler hat-wearing ass. He won't know what hit him!

Thanks, Walter! =o) My dreams have come true!

Signed,
Non-Lolly
PS--Actually, on second glance, it doesn't seem like this is legitimate. Walter spelled his name wrong. I don't know if it's Walter or Walker. It just doesn't seem to add up. Shit. Ahhh, screw it. I'll reply, anyway. What could it hurt? Besides, I have often forgotten my own name, too.

10 comments:

The Girl said...

OHHHHHH, your so lucky. I also had a Nigerian Prince contact me and offer me loads of money, I like being poor so I just turned him down. Oh, and I won a lottery in London, I never entered. What Luck !!!!!!

Adamity73 said...

I Googled "Walker Smith," too. A certain Walker Smith, Jr., was born in 1921, or thereabouts. He later changed his name to Sugar Ray Robinson, and became a world-class welterweight boxer, retiring from the ring with a career record of 175-19-6-2 with 110 knockouts. Either way, this email was from an athlete. Either a world-class bodybuilder or a world-class boxer. Sah-weet. :-|

Adamity73 said...

We're just lucky people, Anti-Momma. =o)

Melissa said...

What a fine, fine day. One for the books!

JenBun said...

Hey, mang, if the dude who died was a FOREIGNER... (or in Foreigner? I missed that part...)... all's fair in love and banking, right???

People keep dying and leaving me money, too... I just don't know what to do with it all!

:D

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you, adam. i know this time will be the charm. we all send our love and good wishes and know you will be fine. there's so much to enjoy out there with a clear head. and you have such a nice person to share it with.

Anonymous said...

Damn,no one ever dies and leaves me anything. lol

Frank said...

That's a legit CNN article, so therefore it HAS to be a good deal.

Anonymous said...

your good news is our good news! details at 11?

I don't get it ... he never asked you for anything, just assured you the transaction was free of risk ... what transaction? How can you decide if his email does not meet your personal or business ethics without the nitty -gritty about the transaction? ... could be some unsavory stuff there. Then again, maybe he just wants to tell you about his good fortune of knowing there's 52 MILLION pounds languishing? At least he apologized in advance. I like polite men. I don't understand this new world of opportunity. I was happy with 300 baud modems to connect to an electronic bulletin board in 1980. It was all so exciting then! Ahh welll ...

Adamity73 said...

Missy: Yes, it certainly was! =o) When I get the poundage, I'll send some your way...I mean, shit, 52 million is kind of a lot!

Buns of Jen: I'll tell you what you do with it all: invest!

BooBoo: Are you happy 'cause I "won" the 52 million pounds, or are you happy about the work and recovery sit-chee-aye-shun? Either way, thank you, and I love you, too. But you already knew that. I say it every time I talk with you on the 'phone. :)

Tesa: One day, maybe. One day, someone will. =o)

Franklin: I know, man. I Googled it, too. And then I started to feel a little bad that I joked so much about this "windfall" of mine. Now I really *do* feel bad for the guys who died in the Birmingham crash. Then again, Walter (or Walker) Smith is the one who should be ashamed of himself, y'know? Trying to capitalize on a tragedy--what an asshole.

Gummy: "I like polite men." That got me laughing, man. Funny stuff. As to the questions you proffered, I, too, had some of these same thoughts. Why me, you know? Why did Mr. Smith choose *me* to share in the wealth. as it were? Why am *I* so goddamned lucky? Shouldn't Smith take the money and somehow use it to feed and slothe and shelter the poor of both sides of the ocean? Wouldn't it be better utilized that way? Now, listen, I'm not allergic to money, but I just keep thinking--and I have lost a lot of sleep over this--that there must have been some huge fat mistake made, here. I just wish that Mr. Smith had offered me more information on this shit. I mean, yes, it's not from terrorists and it's supposedly clean/not laundered...but...shit.... I don't know, man. It seems to good to be true. And you know what "they" say about things that are too good to be true. They're usually not. But, in this case? Maybe? Also: "nitty-gritty of the transaction"? I'm pissing myself, here, laughing. (Not literally, of course; that'd just be both sick...and unfortunate. I'd have to do laundry and maybe take a shower...and I *hate* taking showers...or even bathing, for that matter.) =o)