Sunday, November 30, 2008

A COUPLE OF THINGS

Life is blessed, for sure, when one finds love, his soul mate, his joy, his laughter, his partner, his commiserator, his dinner date, his morningstar, his shared mind. Two minds as one. It is very nice.

Beautiful green-blue-gray eyes offset by sooty black lashes, full womanly figure, soft rose petal lips. It is very nice. Soft hands, delicate little fingers, pretty, dainty feet. It is very nice.

Whenever I hear this song (and God damn! it was impossible to find the actual Van Morrison recording!) I think of her. Schmaltzy wedding song? Maybe. But, to me, it resonates, and I listen to it over and over again when I am feeling blue.

***

Point number two: when I was driving home from my morning meeting, I saw no less than five cops doing their civic duty: meeting those quotas. Caveat driverus: driver beware.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you two found each other. You've got a good thing going, and it's wonderful to see.

LOVE Crazy Love.

***

De cops, dere everywhere.

The Girl said...

I love Van Morrison - what a sweet story.....very lucky lady !

JenBun said...

Hooray!

I love this post, your words, the picture, the song... EVERYTHING!

:D

I, too, am very glad you two found each other.

Love to both of you!
♥ ♥