Tuesday, December 26, 2006

OHHHH...SO I HAVE TODAY OFF TOO, EH?

I did it again. I went in to work when I was not scheduled to go in to work. I cut a date short, one in which I was having a good time, to go in to work and have them smile and laugh good-naturedly at me. This is like the third or fourth time I have done this. Seriously, I looked at my schedule and it said that I had to work today. I guess the reason I had today off is because Christmas Eve fell on a weekend day. Per union dogma, if that is the case, a person who has one of the weekend days off during a two-day holiday, the next day that they have scheduled to work, they have that day off, too. (Grammatically abysmal, but I think you can understand what I'm trying to say--you, Dear Reader, are smart like that.)

So I've done this three or four times, yet each time I do it, it is like a gift. It sucks to drive in there, but when you hear that you have the day off, your feet feel lighter than air and a smile touches your lips.

I got to work today at two
Ready to work with flammable gas
"You don't have to work, so buh-bye to you"
I exit stage-left feeling just like an ass

(I think I like limericks better.)

I got to work today at two
Ready to make more money new
My boss looked at me and stifled a grin
and said "Dude, why'd you even come in?"
I stammered a something and looked at my shoe and as I left his smile grew

(I am completely brain-dead today. I don't even think I wrote that in the right rhyming pattern. Shit, I haven't eaten enough today. Well, I can't fuck up a haiku, can I?"

man goes in to work
sees that he is scheduled off
leaves; wipes egg off face

There. Maybe I'll take Louie for a walk or to the tennis courts so that he can get some much-needed exercise. Happy Tuesday to everyone.

4 comments:

Nanette said...

Nice feeling for sure. I used to love when I would go to work at my union job and the day would be slow so they would offer EA (excused absence)--I hated it though when I didn't have the seniority to take it :P

Adamity73 said...

Was that the newspaper delivery job? The "Open Road" job? Please tell my intuitiveness and my memory are clickin'. ;-)

Actually, I'm probably wrong. How could a newspaper job be slow?

Nanette said...

You did remember correctly about me having a newspaper job...and you are correct about it not being slow....

It was a job at the rocket factory--ATK. When I call myself an underachiever, I really am being quite accurate. I should have been designing the rockets, not building them, but it was a lot of fun LOL

Adamity73 said...

So, Nan, you are a rocket scientist...literally. No wonder you're up at all hours of the night. It's tough to sleep with that huge brain of yours always whispering in your ear, eh? ;-)