Friday, March 21, 2008

UM, WHAT'S THE DATE, AGAIN?

Looks like winter, doesn't it? Argh. Today is March 21, and we here in southeastern Michigan are expecting about four inches of the white shit. Did I say argh yet?

Argh!

Argh, actually, is an apropos ejaculation, seeing as how Mother Michigan is treating us all as round-headed Charlie Browns as she, Lucy Van Pelt, holds the promises of Spring right out of our flailing, kicking reaches. Argh.

In other news, there is no other news. I am plumb tapped out of ideas for this blog posting.

Think, Adam, think.

Um.

Um.

I'm ready for the baseball season to start. I went over to my friend's house today and looked in the garage and, lo and behold, crammed in the corner and, covered with dust and grass clippings and leaves, was a time capsule of sorts. 'Twas my softball bag. Included in said bag were two (2) aluminum softball bats--one of which is a pretty damned good bat--and some hightop field cleats. Sweet! I'd thought that the bag was in his garage, but it's cool to finally get that stuff back. I haven't played softball in nigh upon six fucking years. Wow. My friend Mark was talking about joining a league and now I have my shit back in my possession.

Maybe I will take my bats to a batting cage and swing out some of my aggressions and frustrations. And, judging by the interminable leanings of this motherfucking winter-like weather, I should be swinging in around July, when batting cages open for Spring.

See what happens when the skies are gray instead of blue and the temperature is 28 instead of 52? I turn into a bitter blathering moron who feels it his civic duty to whine and bitch and moan to Cyberland about meaningless things like weather and softball bats. Aren'tcha glad you tuned in?!

:-P

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicago is experiencing quite the snowstorm as well. I feel majorly let down by the World.

It just makes me grumpy, no matter what's going on.

But uh... spring is coming... I can like... feel it and junk... seriously... promise...

Adamity73 said...

I am losing faith in your prognostications, Miss Caleal.

:-\

Just kidding...sorta. ;-)

Dana said...

I'm in FAR northwester Illinois, and we got a good 8" dumped on us today. I feel your pain. That baseball practice my son's team was supposed to have tomorrow? Yeah - cancelled ...

Heather said...

Boo, winter. (I feel just as creative, right now!)

Anonymous said...

Oh fun, I haven't played baseball (or just hit the ball around or played catch) in a long time! Well...during the summer Claude and I play football in the backyard! lol

Does that count?

I'm rambling now. Later!

Me_Again said...

Yea, for baseball bats--wait, that didn't sound right.
It turned out to be a colorful night ;0)

Adamity73 said...

I *am* sorry to hear that, Dana. This snow shit cancelling baseball practices? Argh.

I hear ya, Heather Muirnie.

Tizz: Sure it counts! Next play: X-flare Z/Y skinny post...on three...hut, hut-hut!

Meegie: I like colorful nights. =o) Oh, and those baseball bats came in handy. I stopped down your street a bit to clear the windshield more and, unfortunately, I had stopped right over a HUGE chunk of ice. When I started to drive again, there was a grumbling scraping sound/feeling coming from underneath my car. Yup. I had gotten that HUGE ice chunk stuck on my car's undercarriage. It was smack-dab in the middle. I tried to back up and go forward and turn left and turn right...but that mother was jammed in there good. I tried to knock it loose with my ice scraper but that was unfeasible. It was about as effective as a double-amputee in an ass-kicking contest. And then I remembered my baseball bats. Back to the trunk I went and out came the Easton. Sliding it along the ground, I was able to reach the HUGE ice chunk and, after about twenty whacks, I was able to compromise the integrity of the HUGE ice chunk in such a way as to be able to cut my wheel hard to the left and leave that HUGE motherfucking ice chunk behind, in the road, where it belonged. Ahhhhhh...good times.

=o)

M@ said...

I'm ready for baseball, too.

Me_Again said...

I thought I heard you whacking something last night--oh wait, that was before you left :-O
"double-amputee in an ass-kicking contest"
I don't know which is funnier?
Ok, I decided that you driving over a HUGE ice chuck is funniest.
Seriously, I'm glad you didn't wreck your muffler or anything.

Adamity73 said...

So how 'bout dem Nationals, Matt? Are they going to be good this year?

Meegie: LOL You slay me, girlie. =o) Yeah, the ice chunk is funnier. Funnier in a "gosh dammit! why?! WHY?!" kind of way. And, don't worry: all is good. Nothing wrecked underneath the car...which is a very good thing.

JenBun said...

I'm always glad I tuned in! =)

I hope Spring comes for you soon...

*hugs*