Wednesday, March 12, 2008

MUSINGS

I am a lucky guy.

Slam-dazzered by this cold-slash-flu for the last few days, I have been feeling about as energetic as a lump of Crisco. M'Meegie (and her daughter Naomi) came over today and Meagan brought with her a noodle dish from a Thai place called Salah Thai and also a couple of packets of Fortifense, an immune system-boosting powder that one mixes with hot water.

"One for tonight," she admonished, "before you go to bed, and the other packet in the morning, when you get up."

And then we sat down and had the drunken noodle dish and the fresh spring rolls and I started to feel better almost immediately.

It is tres bien to be with the one you love, no?

After the meal, I was instructed to go sit down in the front room--which I did--and Meagan washed the dishes that had been piling up in the sink. And 409-ed the sink a bit. Oh, and swept the ubiquitous coffee grounds that littered the counter near the nectar-maker. What did I do to be so lucky? =o)

Maybe it's a guy-thing. Maybe we like to be fussed over when we're feeling sick. I know I do.

I also know this: this is the best I have felt in about three days. Is it simply because the cold-slash-flu virus has been weakened? Or is it for another reason altogether?

I'll say a combination of the two, but I'll lean towards the latter.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Aw you said the L word :-D :-D

Adamity73 said...

What L-word? "Lean"? "Littered"? "Latter"?

;-P

Melissa said...

That's a fine woman you've got there, Adam. Brings you food, medicine, and she likes bananas? Don't let her get away.

Adamity73 said...

Not planning on it, Melissa. =o)

Adamity73 said...

PS--That banana picture? She looks so damned cute in it, all sparkling eyes and whatnot. :-)

JenBun said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

You two are SO damn cute!!! Bloggers loving bloggers, that's what it's all about! =)

Meagan, you are incredibly sweet, and we are all glad you are taking care of SeƱor Sick-o.

Adam, hang on to this one-- she is awesome. And gorgeous! AND totally the reason you feel better.

Aint love grand? ♥ ♥ ♥

Me_Again said...

*blushes*
I'd do anything I possible can 4 U. Lover boy. xoxox. Well, maybe skip the kisses till you're all better!

Me_Again said...

Yeah, I know I spelt it wrong =-P

Adamity73 said...

JenBun: Bloggers loving bloggers...LOL. Sounds like a new smash-hit reality show, there! :)

Meeg: You didn't spell anything wrong, as far as I could see, honey chile. =o) You just being here in my--sniff! cough! snorkle!--time of need is enough 4 me. :-P

(cue the corny cheesey muzak)