Sunday, March 23, 2008

DUST OFF THAT DUCK, BEE-YOTCH!

Today, when I was in a drug store with my sister Alexis, a woman knocked a stuffed animal--I think it was a duck--off of its display and, when she bent down to pick it up, she brushed it off and said, "Oh, I'm sorry, honey." I looked around to see if she had, perhaps, been talking to someone out of my line of sight. No. She'd apologized to the yellow ducky. Interesting. Yes, interesting in that her apology had not been needed. I looked at the duck and it still had its same inane smile greasing its bill.

I glanced at my sister, who was waiting at the door. She was smiling at me. I assumed that she had heard the human-toy exchange as well, but, when we got to the car and I mentioned the woman, she looked at me quizzically and remarked that she had simply been smiling at how much candy I was buying.

Happy Easter, everybody. Gorge yourselves on Peeps and ham and remember that Jesus of Nazereth died for our sins. :-O

7 comments:

Jay said...

A woman talking to stuffed animals wouldn't bother me too much. If she was talking to the chocolate Easter Bunny though, that would be disturbing.

Happy Easter!

Laura said...

What are these Peep things I'm hearing about everywhere?

Happy Easter Adam!

JenBun said...

Peeps? Ham? Jesus?

None of those things are going to be part of my Easter...

Happy Hoppy, Adam Bunny! =)

Me_Again said...

I talk to my stuffed animals so what are you implying?
I'ma gonna give ya a peep awright.
I hope you are fully gorged and you had a wonderful time with your family =0)

Adamity73 said...

Happy Easter, Jay. Yeah, apologizing before she chomped its chocolate head off--that *would* be disturbing! ;-)

Peeps, Bunny Bleu, are little marshmallow ducks and rabbits covered in pink and yellow sugar. I'm more of a chocolate-eater, myself, but a lot of people love their Peeps.

"Peeps? Ham? Jesus?

None of those things are going to be part of my Easter..." No ham, JenBun? My heart bleeds for you. :-P

Meegie: I had a great one, hon, and I am implying nothing. ;-) But, see, here's the thing: at least, if you were to talk to your stuffed animals, they'd be familiar to you. This woman was talking to a stuffed animal that was a *stranger*...always a dangerous thing! :-O

Melissa said...

She probably winced inside and hoped it went unnoticed :)

Nanette said...

Now I want a Peep. I just might be inspired to apologize to the Peep for gnawing its ears off.