Friday, January 26, 2007

WINTER "WONDERLAND"

This may already be in the works, due to my unbridled love for everything Bee Gee, but what I say next may put it over the top and lead to the permanent revocation of my Man-Card: I don't want to work today. It is too snowy and too cold and I'll probably get stuck changing a rusted regulator to a archaic gas meter whilst snow swirls about my face and hands. Homey don't play dat. Or, rather, Homey plays that because Homey wants to get paid, but Homey does it with a pained expression on his face and curses held loosely behind his lips.

Take my Man-Card! Take it! I was hardly using it anyway! And, if you take it and you also have to take my testicles, go ahead! Everything comes with a cost! Mama told me that there are no free lunches! Fine! Just don't throw me in that there briar patch!

Sorry for shouting.

Ah...fuggit. Time to go to work.

[slouches off to his icicle car]

9 comments:

Noelley said...

Keep your Man-Card! No one wants to be out working in weather like that. Hopefully the fact that it's Friday will make things a little better.. unless you happen to work weekends.

Noelley said...

They were playing the Bee Gees at Ghirardelli's today. :)

Melissa said...

Nothing unmanly about not wanting to work now and again. It's the season for wanting to do nothing but sleep in and stay in.

Adamity73 said...

Ephie--I already turned my card in! Shit! Maybe I can get it back...Bee Gees?! =) Okay, maybe it's better that my card is gone.

Mel--Yeah, once I got there, 'twasn't that bad. Although...I called it! First job of the day was exchanging a non-working rusty regulator from a fucked-up meter stand. Call me Edgar Casey...DO IT! ;-)

Adamity73 said...

E--What is Ghirardellis? It sounds like it's either an intimate apparel store or a loud Italian deli.

Adamity73 said...

Chocolate...got it. =) You a Bay-area girl, Ephie? My uncle used to live in San Fran and now he lives in either Oakland or Berkeley, one of the two.

Nanette said...

Damn winter....makes me very glad I'm not homeless.
Now, for the low price of 99.99, paid in three easy installments of 33.33, you can purchase another man card at mancardsrus.com--bahdumbum, I'm here all week ;P

Adamity73 said...

A hundred bucks, huh? Well worth it. Thanks, Nighthawk! I'll pony up immediately! All week you're here? Cool. And don't worry, I made sure to tip the waitresses! In my own special way...bwahaha.

;-)

Adamity73 said...

Hey, Nighthawk. Are you sure that URL is right? I tried it and it said that "no matches meet my search criteria," or some shit like that. Could it be .org, instead? Or maybe .net?

Lemme know. Thanks! =)