Wednesday, January 24, 2007

THINGS WERE A LITTLE...OFF...TODAY

I blame it on the snow.

This is the second time this week that I have left things that I need to do my duties at a job site. Two days ago, it was my tool bag. Today, it was my $1500 leak detector. (Ouch!) I left the leak detector in the garage of a leak call that I had. No problem, right? Just go back and get it, right? Wrong. The guy doesn't even live at that house. It had belonged to his now-deceased mother and so he is rarely there. Okay, so call him and have him meet me back at the house, right? I mean, I noticed that I didn't have the detector about five minutes after he'd left the residence, so a call would be in order, right? Wrong. It was a leak call without a telephone number. Uh-oh.

I went back to the house and tried to open a garage door, but the door was blocked by a big-assed shelf and so I couldn't get back in. Shit, I even tried the front door. I was prepared to go through the empty house to get my device. No go. It was locked. So I don't know how I'm going to get it.

I think I may have to get ahold of the call center and see if they have the number from which he called on file. Lawd, I hope. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have no doubts that I'll get it back eventually (I left two Sorry I Missed You tags at the house, my phone number written on them, imploring the elderly gentleman to call me.).

I just feel like a scatter-brained fool, forgetting shit like this--twice in one week, no less. The thing that the jobs had in common was that they had both been late leak calls, and they had come at the end of my shift. I reckon I was just geeked to get the hell out of there and get home. Mayhaps I need to slow down. Or mayhaps I need to start drinking again. I mean, shit, I never forgot shit like this when I was buzzed. Ironically enough. (That was a little dark humor. I won't start drinking again. God willing.) But shit like this pisses me off.

Two other theories why today felt a little...off. One, my mind was filled with thoughts of Maria. I'm planning to meat her at the airport and I'll make sure that the terminal floor is covered with rose petals. It'll be my own little *American Beauty* homage. (Yes, even though she's Russian.)

Two, I felt fidgety all day and when I got home and changed out of my work clothes, I noticed that I had put my boxer-briefs on backwards this morning. No wonder they were riding all day. I don't know how women can wear thongs...talk about irritating! On the other hand, I do love it when women wear thongs, so, uh, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. And keep doin' what you doin'. ;-)

That's all.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

It was the boxers. Backward clothing can be very discombobulating!

I'm sure you'll get your leak detector back. In the meantime, just make sure to do this before you leave a call:

Tool belt? Check!
Head screwed on? Check!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

We're even, I like when the guys wear the boxer briefs! lol

Adamity73 said...

Melissa--That ain't a half-bad idea. Sometimes I *do* have to make sure that my head is screwed on tight. And I love the word "discombobulate."

Terry--There is nothing--ah say, nothing--more comfortable, to me, than Hanes boxer-briefs. Except, of course, for good ole Commando. =) And thongs kick ass, no pun intended.

Noelley said...

Damn, didn't you just lose your camera, too? Or did you find it? Maybe it's something in the stars. I'm sure your head is just where it's supposed to be. :)

Nanette said...

Yikes!

Now, let me see that thong! ;)

Adamity73 said...

Eph-meister--Yeah, I lost my camera or someone stole it. I got a new one with my tax returns, ostensibly. In reality, I was just jonesing for a diggie camera so I bought a new one. And, yes, my head is just where it's supposed to be--securely neck-deep up my ass.

Nighthawk--Guys and thongs...not such a good look, methinks. It seems as if there is a bit of, shall we say, gender malfeasance going on there. If I were a stripper, then that would be a different story. Or if I were to live in 9th-century Machu Picchu, then that would be perfectly okey-dokey. But here, in 21st-century Chimpanzee Land, it just isn't socially accep--ah, fuck it. Next picture: Adam in a Thong! ;-)

littlemissy555 said...

Woohoo Adam in a thong!!! Talk about discombobulated ;0p We all have days like that, where we are out in left field in fact, I am like that most of the time. No wonder everyone is nice to me...they think I'm special..haha Wow, I think I need to go back to bed.

Adamity73 said...

At 10:44, LilMiss? You got to go back to bed?! You suck. ;-) What'd your boss say?