Wednesday, April 02, 2008

SLEEP PATTERNS

And now it's 11:15 at night. I think the bedtime of 1:00 or 1:30 has begun to catch up with me. After a full day of trying to keep my eyes open during training on pipe location, I came home, let the boys out, lay down on the couch and was jerked out of a semi-doze by Oliver baying like a madman (maddog?) as a squirrel had the gall, the audacity to be...well, squirrely. Into the house came the boys and down the basement they went until the mud on their paws dried enough to flake off.

I passed the open door to my bedroom on my way to the bathroom and my bed looked so damned inviting I had to test out its softness. Three hours later, I awoke.

Nice.

It was a beautiful day outside--the first in a while, perfect for dog-walking or picking up poop or getting my bicycle ready for the season--and I wasted it by listening to the siren song of my comfortable (com-fort-a-bull) bed/nest.

Again, nice.

And now it's 11:19. And bedtime is nearing.

I hate it when I do this. But gosh damn! That bed was soooooo fricking comfortable.

Tomorrow, if I get out of training early (which I fully anticipate), I will go to the Community Center--I just got a membership there about a week or two ago and haven't used it yet--and I will play some basketball. I will elevate my fucking blood pressure and I will get my legs moving and I will get high on endorphins.

Use it or lose it, Boffo.

This life-cycle I have going on right now is for the birds.

Happy Thursday, everyone.

4 comments:

Jay said...

I've done that same thing a few times. I'll be doing laundry and I'll put everything away and think "man my bed looks lonely without me". And next thing you know I'm snoozing away and I wake up at odd hours and can't go back to sleep and then things get really screwed up.

Oh well, I don't want my bed to be too lonely.

Melissa said...

Naps are never wasted time. I want one right now, as a matter of fact.

JenBun said...

Happy Thursday, Adam!

Get some sleep! zzzzzzzzz

Adamity73 said...

And that is very kind of you to help yon bed out, Jay-Jay. You are a king among men.

You shoulda taken it, Missy.

Happy Thurzzzday, Jen. I plan to sleep, honest I do. :)