Sunday, April 20, 2008

UNOFFICIAL SIGNS O' SPRING

After a seemingly interminable winter, I am delighted to engage in my unofficial second sure sign o' Spring (MLB Opening Day being the first unofficial sign o' Spring): I am off to chase a little white ball around fieldz o' green. That's right, folks, invest in a hardhat. Adam is off to the links.

Whilst cleaning my golf bag out for the opening of my season, I determined these things: by looking at the old crumpled scorecards, I found that I really really am not a good golfer (and I'm okay with that), I found that my clubs are declining in number (I broke about four clubs last year, simply by swinging), and I found that I had not lost my favorite Detroit Tigers sweatshirt (it was jammed in one of the pockets of the bag--who the hell looks in a golf bag for misplaced clothing?).

So...this should be fun.

Oh, by the way: happy 420 to you all out there. Smoke a J for me.

6 comments:

Jay said...

You gotta quit wrapping those clubs around trees in anger. It gets expensive. LOL

I gave up golf. I even tossed my clubs into the dumpster.

JenBun said...

Heh, Happy 4/20 back... there was a time when this could be considered one of my favorite holidays... ;)

Anyway, hope you have a GREAT time playing golf... and HAPPY SPRING!!!

Frank said...

The one and only time I went golfing, I shot a very modest 93 over par. Maybe it was because I was using right-handed clubs (I'm left-handed), but I mostly think it's just because I suck at golf.

Melissa said...

So? How was it? Let me know which clubs you're missing and I'll check with Matt - he has some extra (I think) and would be happy to pass them on.

Nice to find something you thought you'd lost, isn't it? Go Tigers!

Adamity73 said...

Jay: Yeah, I had a leetle bit o' frustration today. I had some good shots and also some shots that made me want to helicopter my clubs into the drink. Oh well...such is golf. :-)

JenBun: Happy Spring to you too, Cali-Grrl. ;-)

Franklin: LOL "Very modest" 93 over par. That's pretty decent, actually, for never having golfed and for golfing with your off-hand.

Missy, Missy: I shot a 120. :-P Oh well. It was a nice day. Oh, I checked my bag: the clubs I am missing are the nine-, two- and three-irons and the pitching and sand wedges. If Matt has any extra that he doesn't need, I'd be happy to take them off his hands. Thanks. :-) By the way, he shoots golf right-handed, right?

Kilroy_60 said...

Golf, I think, is the game that most resembles life. That said, it's all about having fun.

8-)

See you in the rough.











FORE!