Wednesday, June 06, 2007

BEISBOL...

I am going to the Tigers game on Sunday. They'll be playing the New York Metropolitans, otherwise known as the New York Mets. Em-Ee-Tee-Es! Mets! Mets! Mets! Or...something along those lines. I haven't checked the box-scores lately--haven't done that, actually, since I was 14 and was playing Strat-O-Matic, the baseball geek's Holy Grail--but, as far as I know, the Mets are doing pretty well, like, second or first in the National League. The Tigers are doing all right--3 1/2 back of Cleveland--and I believe that they'll have a rookie pitching: Andrew Miller. Hopefully, he pitches well and the Tigers win. Otherwise, I may have to go ballistic on their asses. I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS TICKET AND YOU HAVE THE UNMITIGATED GALL TO LOSE?!
Naw. I'll play it cool. I'll simply mutter, in the general direction of the field, "I don't know you anymore. You're dead to me. Do you hear me?" At this point, I'll turn directly to the field and raise my arms, stretch 'em to the heavens: "DO. YOU. HEAR. ME?!"

On a related note, Pat Benetar was right: Love is a battlefield. But here are words written with the utmost sagacity: Hindsight is 20/20. Do you ever wish you could pull a Superman and spin the globe around, all opposite-like? Yeah, me either. Was just wondering, is all.

On a--slightly-more--related note, by the time you read this, I will have gone six months without drinking "real" beer [I had three O'Doul's--shoot me; my sponsor wanted to.]. Six months is equal to around 180 days, give or take a 24-hour-er. That factors to 432o hours and 259,200 minutes of stone-cold sobriety. This is heavily taxing--believe you, me. Thus, as celebration, any and all cases of Wild Irish Rose can be--and should be--forwarded to Louie in Royal Oak, care of Adam. Thanks, and keep reaching for those stars; eventually you may be lucky enough to vaporize.

13 comments:

Nanette said...

A little blogger's remorse, eh?
Your post is safe with me, I'll lock it up in the file along with-- "I let the garage know about it. They'll get to it when they can.";)

Now, sing along with me--
Take me out to the ball game
Take me out to the crowd
Buy me some hot dogs and coca-cola
I don't care if I ever come back

Isn't that how it goes?

6 months! I am humbled to be in your presence. :)

Anonymous said...

way, way awesome, laddie!!! you the man! over and over, every day, every hour, for 6 months ... I, for one, am vey proud to be associated with you and your resolve. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I'm from NY and didn't even know the full name of the Mets. Never even thought about it - which is silly, considering Mets doesn't make sense, huh.

Eh.. I'm a Yankees fan, anyway. ;)

littlemissy555 said...

I'm very proud of your 6months of sobriety Adam! I hope you are as proud of yourself ;0)I thought I was imagining that you may have deleted something...we are all here for ya, as you already know. By the way, I did your meme, and it didn't take me a month...yay!

Melissa said...

Whoo-hoo!! Six months, Adam - that's great.

I could never forget the Strat-O-Matic years. I swear you were born with the sports page in one hand and a basketball in the other. Have fun at the game!

Adamity73 said...

Nighthawk: Gracias. And, yeah, I think the ole ball game is just like that. =)

Un'e Gumm-dogg: Thank you, sir.

Izzy: Yankee fan, eh? To me, they'll always be those "Damn Yankees." Sadly, they're not doing too well yet, this year. We shall see how long it takes brfore Steinbrenner starts lopping off heads. ;)

Lil Missy: Yeah, I deleted that other one. I don't know why...I just thought that I should, for some reason. And I'm usually not one to censor myself. Huh.

Melmac: How did I eat, dear sis, if both hands were always occupied? Did I slurp like a dog? Did I chew like a yak? How? Dear sis, how?!

Drea said...

6 months sobriety...big cheers for you!

Umm, 'scuse my ignorance... but whats the deal with the Maxwell House pic??????!

Adamity73 said...

Hey, Drea! Actually, nothing much; I was just kinda picking a picture at random. Though the Maxwell House pic *does* work, seeing as how I have been a coffee fiend during these last--seemingly interminable--six months. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Adam....Obviously I missed a whole chunk of why you did it but I bet you feel better for it.

Sugar Kane said...

Oh Adam. I thought we had something. But to find out you are a Tigers fan?

*shakes head and chokes back sob*

Adamity73 said...

I--I can change! I--I *will* change, Sugary Wondah! Honest! Please! Take me back!

[hitchhitchsobsob}

And what team do *you* root for? Hmmm?

Adamity73 said...

Rumbles, I feel much better! =)

Sugar Kane said...

I don't know. I mean, I don't think I've ever known a real life Tigers fan. I thought they were merely folk lore, like the Loch Ness Monster or Big Foot.

The Cards Baby!