Saturday, November 11, 2006

AND FOR WHAT?

I just watched a 30-minute made-for-crying local TV documentary. It spoke of soldiers in the War to End All Wars and the Great War and Vietnam and Iraq, II.

I wrote an earlier post in which I said that I wouldn't write about the current Administration's ineptitude. After viewing that made-for-TV-thirty-minutes, I do not know how I couldn't.

I'll keep this succinct and well-phrased, hoping all the while that I don't wake up in the morning in Guantanamo Bay:

George "Dubya" Bush is a complete moron. I knew that the first time I saw him campaigning, in 2000.

Dude.couldn't.even.answer.basic.political.questions.

But, he got elected, somehow. More power to the fool.

Then 9-11 happened.

Then we went to war with Afghanistan. And then Iraq.

And Dubya is still as cocky as ever. Standing up there on his bullet-proof knoll of mediocrity. "We'll win this war," he Texan-drawls. "We just need to keep the faith."

Well, Jorge? My God is laughing at your chimpanzee machinations. My Lord is saying that you should have served in 'Nam, experienced 'Nam, before you deemed it fit to wage a pre-emptive war on a despot. (You're not quite in Sad's league, G, but you're well on your way, hypocrite.)

[Gestapo. Shit! If I am silenced? Go to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. They may have answers.]

God bless. The red, white and blue. (The home of the Free, *because* of the Brave.)

And, George? Ya little monkey? I'd like to see you after class. Everyone else? Dismissed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you. Long before I had heard that Natalie of the Dixie Chicks said that she's ashamed the president is from Texas, I had said that I'm ashamed to be from Texas now.

Adamity73 said...

Cheryl--In some ways, screw Texas, I'm ashamed to be an *American*! In some ways! Because of our leadership, a lot of the world has looked with disdain upon us or has simply laughed at us. Didn't we used to be a "Superpower?" Now, I see America, sometimes, as a flexing bully. (Though it may have always been like that, all the way back to the rape of the Native Americans.)

It's just a fucked-up situation, a SNAFU if you will.