Saturday, June 27, 2009

HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED?

Oh, but you must! It's a kick-ass game. It's like golf (obviously) but it is played with flying discs, heavier and smaller than your average Frisbee. There are different styles of discs--some more malleable than others. Putting discs, mid-range discs and driving discs. Each disc maintains a different trajectory. Some hook like motherfuckers and others are more stable--these fly straighter to the basket.


I have been playing for about fifteen years now. It is a great way to get outside and get some exercise and have loads of fun. If you haven't tried it, do! You'll get hooked, just like I did a decade-and-a-half ago.

[Yes, I am getting paid by Innova to write this. :-P]

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like fun if you know what you're doing! Me? I'd be on the course for 12 hours. For one hole.

Suldog said...

I'd love to try that! I'll have to see if there's a course in my area.

Frank said...

I played frolf a lot in college, but I still prefer ultimate frisbee. I prefer traditional frisbees to the disc golf ones...easier to throw.

Nikky said...

There's a course in our city park and I often see people playing. always thought about it but I didn't realize that it required special non-frisbee frisbees tho... that sucks.

but it does look fun!

Adamity73 said...

Melissa? You'd be better than you think. Disc golf? You try it, you'll be good within seven rounds.