Tuesday, June 16, 2009

JUNE 16TH, 2009, 1:00 AM

I just haven't felt much like writing, lately. I don't know...it's just one of those things. My verve for writing will come back to me.

In other news, June 16th was/is my mom and dad's anniversary. I forget how many years they were together. I think it was, like, 45 years, or something. This will be the first time in almost half a century that my mom will be apart from my dad on their anniversary date. She's a tough one, my mom. She's quite emotional, but she also keeps her feelings to herself. If that sounds contradictory, well, I guess it is.

She's going to Port Huron tomorrow, to the trailer, to spend some time by the water. I have the feeling that she won't be by herself. Memories can be almost tangible, sometimes. Dad will be with her.

I wish her a peaceful, loving, time.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I always find water very restful and peaceful. I hope mama does too.

Suldog said...

June 16th is actually the day my Dad died, in 1994.

Well, that had little to do with your post. Here's hoping your Mom has a decent time of it. And here's hoping you feel good, too. Take care, and write when you feel like it.