Saturday, July 11, 2009

HERE'S A HAPPY QUOTE...

"Naw, wait, Meagan. We can't do that. If we switch positions on the canoe, we're gonna spill; I don't wanna fuck up my camera. And my phone."

She looked at me and then laughed.

My main thought had been--on that July Fourth weekend, in the canoe--that I provide the power to surge. When the time had come to direct us back to the launch area, I had wanted to be The Propeller. With my back to the shore, I had thought that we were fucked. Meeg'd have to row us back in. Otherwise, what? We shift seats? And risk being Persons Overboard? Helllll, no.

And then Meagan laughed. I realized what I had said.

A truly "Blonde Moment."

***

I am...City Boy. Hear me roar.

Meow.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Um. Did you end up simply turning the canoe around in the water?

Adamity73 said...

LOL Yes. We spun the canoe and headed back in. That's what I was saying: I'd had quite the brain-fart. The gray matter-flatulence. The noodle-gas. Noodle-gas: now *that* sounds nasty. :)