Friday, July 24, 2009

AN AW-NOBODY-SAW-THIS MOMENT

I have written about disc golf before. You may or may not know this, but I like to play the game and I have the lefty stroke to prove it. It revealed itself earlier today.

Walking from the front room to the kitchen, I took off my sweaty floppy baseball cap and sighted the far chair in the dining room, about 18 or 20 feet away.

I visualized success and let fly from my left hand. The cap floated serenely through the air (in the space of about a second) and--BAM!--landed safely on the back of the chair.

The dork I am, I may have pumped my fist and monosyllabically grunted, "Yeah! Boom!"

I am easily pleased.

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Booya! Life is good for us easily pleased people.

Suldog said...

Man, I love moments like that! I'm especially good at throwing wadded up paper into wastebaskets from ridiculously long distances. Won a couple of small bets doing it, actually :-)

The Girl said...

Oh the little things in life

Adamity73 said...

Ain't it, though, sis? =o)

Sul: I'm actually better at doing that left-handed. And I'm a righty! :-O I think my left hand is more finesse-filled. But that's a story for a different day....

Girl, The: Little things ROCK! Wait...that sounded bad. ;-P