Thursday, July 31, 2008

THURSDAZE

Out from a sunny day, I walked into the house and the first thing I noticed was that I was blind.


I waited. The glare resumed. Louie looked at expectantly.

I said, "What? What?"

Louie sat down at looked up at the top of the 'fridge. Biscuits.

"You deserve 'em?" I asked.

Louie wagged his tail fiercely and shot a snatch over his right shoulder. He'd heard the resonance of the Approaching Ollie.

Ollie bounded--jingled--into the room, all fat glorious black-and-white-and-tan coloring. His tail was a speeded-out metrenome.

"Sitcho ass down," I said.

Ollie acquiesced, gazing forlornly at the top of the ice box.

"Gimme a second," said I.

I reached to the top of the food-retardant and both dogs shimmied on their haunches. I selected two Milk-Bone Gravy Bones and I fed my sons, one and then two.

Louie--the best dog ever; I'll hear no debate--had the first Milk-Bone.

Ollie wagged his tail into a blur and I took pity on the fat fuck. "Here, Ollie," I mumbled, shoving the biscuit towards his mouth.

Gently--almost pristinely--Ollie the beagle toothed the treat. He waddled off and--frog-dog--lay and crunched the treat.

***

3 comments:

JenBun said...

I love happy dogs.

Kisses on the puppy snouts!

Anonymous said...

OMG - I so love the frog-dog position. My old springer spaniel always layed down that way. My Mom could never get why I called him a frog. Thanks for reinforcing my theory!

Drea said...

I Loved that post!! Anyone who has dogs (especially 2 of them) can truly appreciate every action!
Cracked me up :o)