Saturday, May 01, 2010

SATURDAY MORNING

I reckon it pays off to do as the doctors and other professionals say and wake up on the weekend at the same time that you do during the week. My alarm went off and--boom--so did some thunder. I walked downstairs and let the dogs out and saw that, verily, the first few fat drops of the storm were falling. Outside I went to check the car windows--Meeg's drivers-side was down all the way, mine were up--and then back inside to close the windows in the dining room as the rain was starting to slant in through the window fan.

I drained the one-eyed monster (or one-eyed mischievous elf, whichever seems to make more sense) and--cla-zing-crash--the whole of the backyard was illuminated by the nearby brilliance of a lightning sta-rike. And now, as I write this, I hear the seemingly-close peals of fire engines. And the sky is that weird greenish color.

By the way, this has been the norm of late. It's been nice, weather-wise, during the week, and then on the weekend all hell breaks loose. What can I say? It's Michigan. Thanks, Michigan!


3 comments:

Pattaya Girls said...

my internet connection dies at even a hint of a storm and the dogs try to force their way into the house.

Melissa said...

I woke up at 6:30 this morning, called bullshit, and went right back to sleep :)

Thanks again for the conies today! It was great to see you and Meagan and please come visit soon. Dogs are welcome and we'll grill up some good stuff.

Adamity73 said...

Hi Patty or Should I Say Padraig:
Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy yourself! If you want to read good writing, go back in time o'er the bli-zog!

Miss Meliss: Hey, the conies were great. Next time? One coney'll be enough! =0) Meagan, the boys and I will take you up on your invitation. Thanks!!!