Thursday, April 09, 2009

SPRINGTIME IN THE MITTEN STATE

I think the weather is finally breaking, here. The skies are blue. The birds are chirping. From across the street come the steady heavy boomp-boomps of bass from the rap CD the kids are playing while they shoot hoops.

I have "Where the Streets Have No Name" by U2 playing on the laptop--for me, always uplifting. I've got a long weekend. Life is good.

Do you ever get those fleeting moments of total euphoria? Yeah, I know: there is one place that we all get fleeting moments of euphoria (the bed at climax), but do you ever get out-of-the-blue euphoric feelings that tell you that life is just fine, that life is just great, that life is just as it should be, that you are in the place in life that you are because...just because? And it's good? It's a good place?

I say, cling to those moments. I say nibble at them, eat at them, savor them. Savor the honey taste of Good.

It is a rocky world, full of pitfalls and spiderholes. But there is also great beauty. And it is all around us. Things can certainly get rough and tough around us, of course. But we need to always have that beauty within us. We need to be able to call up our reserve pack of love and beauty and hope. We need to be able to appreciate the goodness of the world. We need to be able to inhale deeply of Life--and love it.

And maybe I am only writing this to myself. If that's so? Then so be it. Sometimes, I just need to remind myself just how truly blessed I am.

Spring has apparently sprung, here, in the Mitten State, and I guess I'm all verklempt over it.

Love each other. Pass along a random act of kindness. Appreciate yourselves.

Till we meet again.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

You ARE blessed, and it does us good to appreciate life and savor moments like you described.

I am very happy to welcome Spring this year - every touch of green lifts my spirits.

See you Sunday!

Suldog said...

Nope, not writing to yourself. I had exactly that moment last night. I had just finished eating a great dinner with MY WIFE, I was sitting in the other room, smoking a cigarette, and I just thought to myself, "Damn. It truly doesn't get much better than this. I'm well-fed, I've got a great wife, I'm healthy, I've got a warm place to sleep, etc., etc., etc,"

Nope, not writing to yourself at all, my man. Not at all.

Frank said...

Excellent post. This is such a wonderful time of year for those feelings of bliss, serenity, and renewal.

Adamity73 said...

After this winter, Meliss...hell, yeah! Bring on Spring! =o) See you Sunday. Maybe some eggs'll come up missing, or something.

Sully: I hear ya, man. I just wonder, sometimes, why you capitalize "MY WIFE" like you do. Care to share? And, yes, everything should be appreciated. Sometimes it is tough to do, as we are human, and it is human nature to nitpick and dwell upon what could be. I read something somewhere before that said--it was a prayer--it thanked God and then it said something like, ...and give me the mindfullness that things are exactly as they should be at this point in time. Something like that. Just basically telling us to ease up on the reins a bit and let life take care of itself. Good sage words, methinks.

Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Yeah, man. Spring: rebirth, awesome weather, no more cold blustery winds. It is good.

buxindi said...

beautiful thoughts. i'm feeling that way, too. and my knees don't even hurt as much. must be the sunshine and promise of new life sprouting up through the earth. it really feels good to go outside (sans jacket) and feel a 'warm' bit of air hitting my face. i wish spring would last a lo-o-ong time before the sweltering 'hot' air of summer blasts us. in the meantime, enjoy.

JenBun said...

God, this is the BEST advice...

I'm glad you helped me remember.

Thanks Adam! :)

Adamity73 said...

Jenny: Good to "see" you again! =) I hope that things are going well for you.