Friday, March 20, 2009

IN THE WEB OF SUPPORT

The Web is a joyous thing. With the click of a mouse, the tap of a finger, one can jettison him- or herself to a virtual world in which many others feel the same emotions, share the same experiences. It is, actually, a beautiful thing.

When I started this blog, I did so because I loved to write and I thought it might be cool to see people react to what I had written.

I have gotten SO much more out of this little "experiment" than I thought I would. I have gotten to "sit in" on people's lives, from here, in Detroit, Michigan, to the outer reaches of Aussie Land. Technology is grand. Seriously, it is.

But the thing that is more grand is that said technology can allow people to share the true gold: emotion, human feelings and care, pitched about by the binary code of 00001111001111011. Whatever. I don't know much about binary codes and routing and wireless technologies. What I do know, though, is that this world is filled--contrary to popular belief--with caring individuals who are there for you.

At the click of a mouse, at the tap of a fingertip.

It's a good thing.

It--they--were there for me during dark times, and they help me to celebrate good times.

What's not to love?

I consider the people with whom I virtually interact to be friends. That's a strange concept, kinda. I mean, I ain't never met him or her in the flesh, I've never shook his hand or hugged her, but, still, they're friends.

Just thinkin' and typin', here on Friday, the second day of March Madness.

I hope whoever reads this has a great day, a fantastic weekend and a superlative weekend.

Peace and love, my brothers and sisters. Peace and love. Because, if we ain't got that, what the fuck do we have? A sour world.

Spread sweetness.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautifully said. and i wish the same back to you.

Maithri said...

Bro,

What a beautiful and moving post.

Its an honour to have met you, I'm headin to Africa next week...and i havent forgotten to 'pay forward' the kindness you showed me...

I'll write you about it,

Peace and love brother from the far reaches of Aussie land,

M

Anonymous said...

You have a good weekend. :)

Melissa said...

It's something else, isn't it? I know just what you mean. Peace and love, mein bruder.

Adamity73 said...

BooBoo: Hey, you made me; you get my Love times Infinite.

Mattress Doc: You are a Light in the Cyber wilderness. You are so acomplished at so many things, it just makes me think that, perhaps (?), you an angel, mang. Good luck in the Swazi. I look forward to reading your posts. Keep the Love flowing, man. Peace and love.

Caleal: You have a better weekend. Just steer clear of Poop Stories. ;-)

Missy: Yes. It is a wonderful thing. It is a blessing, is what it is. To be able to pour one's soul out and get positive feedback? It is a wonderful thing. (Grate my cheesiness; I dunt caaar.) =-))))

Anonymous said...

Good blog.
Portugal