Sunday, September 19, 2010

SUNDAY DOG DAY

Dogs....

Even though you love 'em and you want the best for them and you want them to feel better and be better, sometimes they'll just drive you up a wall.

I knew that the kitchen garbage smelled a little--how to say?--ripe. And I thought about changing the bag last night, before I went to bed, but I was tired and so I said, "Fuggit, I'll do it tomorrow."

I guess that's what procrastination gets me.

And I can just imagine how it went down:

Louie probably knocked the lid off, as it most likely was not sealed the way it should have been and then he got up on his back legs to scavenge for the "good smell." Down goes the can! Down goes the can! [Said to the cadence of the boxing call, "Down goes Fra-zhuh! Down goes Fra-zhuh!"]

And then it was game on. Ollie probably crawled into the garbage can, the dirty little mofo. Lou probably just pawed through the wreckage. However they did it, the scene was not one that one wants see on a Sunday morning when one walks into the kitchen/dining room, groggy with sleep.

And, to add insult to injury, Oliver left his little calling card right next to the sprawl of coffee grounds and dog food cans and wet paper towels and cigarette ashes and all the rest of the virtual cornucopia of crap. Not only was there garbage all over the floor, but there was also a pee-circle?! Gimme a fucking break. (And I think Louie might have voided near the back door; but if he did, at least he has an excuse. Ollie's just a dolt.)

It is tough to be angry when the dog whom you love is sick and exiting stage left in the near future, but I managed to still get a little hot under the collar at the both of them. What was done was done, so I didn't scold them or physically disabuse them of their garbage-picking notion, but I sure as hell wasn't giving out any treats, either.

Blimey.

All together, now: "The world, it is a-crumblin'/Through it, I feel I'm stumblin'/Each day it brings a brand-new Sun/But where oh where did I put that gun?"

Joking. (Kind of.)

7 comments:

buxindi said...

these are times to take a deep breath and let them outside until everyone is pulled together. i sure don't envy you the experience; though maybe it's a hint to take out the trash earlier. they were just trying to help remind you in their own doggy ways. :)
++++++++++++++++

Melissa said...

Oh my, NOT the thing you want to wake up to! Hope you had an otherwise good weekend, xoxo

Adamity73 said...

Dogs are good like that, eh, BooBoo? ;-) It wasn't all that bad to clean it up; I've had worse. At least that weren't half-eaten chicken bones in this one.

Missy-Missy-Boh-Bissy: Sure, the weekend was grand, just grand, I say! I was on-call, so this weekend went differently than most weekends do--I'm not saying how, but I think you're pickin up what I'm layin down, huh? And this Monday morning? I felt...I don't know, this is so foreign to me on a Monday morning...I reckon I felt *good*, at peace with myself. Amazing.

Melissa said...

I picked up what you laid down, meine bruder :) REALLY glad to hear how you felt Monday.

gummy said...

Something about a dog being a dog even when he ain't feeling hot diggity-dog, but rather dog-tired, dogged, and dang-near dog-gone. Ya gotta hand it to Louie and ya get to revel in his revel!

Melissa said...

Mein, not meine.

Better :)

Adamity73 said...

True dat, Gummy.com. True dat.

=)

Missy Missy Boh Bissy: I'm a spelling and grammar nazi in English, not German. How is that for irony? Or just oddity? =)